Senior PHP and WordPress Developer (Home Based)
2 to 4 Years Experience
Blaze Online11-50 employees
SENIOR PHP AND WORDPRESS DEVELOPER (HOME BASED)
We're a web design firm based in Australia and focused on building and maintaining WordPress WooCommerce online stores with a growing team of talented and skilled team members in the Philippines.
They love working with Blaze Online because they get to work from home but are still part of a great team and fast growing company and are constantly improving their skills and learning new ones.
You will work with the existing development team and customers to learn, maintain, and improve our current and future Wordpress + WooCommerce projects.
You will also contribute a broad range of technical expertise, contributing to the planning and implementation of functionality and logic across web and mobile platforms and products.
As part of a project team, you’ll help to define the most effective approach to implementing features and prioritizing and requirements against a roadmap, taking into account performance, stability, and scalability.
Your experience in navigating the diverse ecosystem of tools, frameworks, and 3rd party platforms will ensure the team is exploring a range of approaches to deliver the right solutions for our clients and their users.
- The perfect candidate shall meet the following criteria:
- Ability to demonstrate, understand and apply our workplace values. These are embedded in all roles and that candidates must evidence their values as part of the application process.
- Balanced - We create and maintain a healthy work-life balance, contributing to society, and demonstrating social responsibility
- Lead - We take care of the business and clients as if they were our own, we are empowered to lead and make decisions
- Accountability - We understand the ultimate goal and being free to creatively problem-solve in order to get there, and committing to great service and performance
- Zeal - We have fun and find passion in our work, and seek to freely speak our mind.
- Excellence - We practice teamwork as we strive to be the best, in order to provide quality service for our clients.
Skills and Experience
We are seeking a senior PHP WordPress developer with a minimum of two (2) years advanced WordPress + Woocommerce responsive web design/development, and at least five (5) years PHP coding experience.
The ideal candidate is someone who is actively working in the WordPress realm and on plugin development and who is knowledgeable about the most recent WordPress releases and standards.
Applicants should be passionate about WordPress.
The perfect candidate meets these criteria:
- Advanced knowledge of WordPress, PHP, MySQL, CSS, HTML and jQuery.
- Expert at developing using WordPress standards, creating custom WordPress plugins, and intimate understanding of Custom Post Types.
- Quality-focused with excellent attention to detail.
- Understanding of RESTful Web Services technologies such as JSON, SOAP, and HTTP.
- Works both independently and with other developers and has the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical team members.
- Experience drafting functional specifications and coding WordPress themes.
- Writes well-documented code.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability to be a team player and grow as the needs of the business grows.
- Work ethic. Possesses a strong willingness (commitment) to work hard and sometimes long hours to get the job done. Has a track record of working hard.
- Proactive, persistent, flexible, reliable.
- Compensation package commensurate with previous work experiences
- Participate in employee performance bonus and incentive scheme.
- Work 8 am to 5 pm Philippines time, Monday to Friday (earlier start and finish times can be proposed)
- Work from home - you must have a reliable PC/Laptop and internet connection, and place where you can work uninterrupted.
- Monthly internet allowance
- Strictly observes national Philippine holidays