#57 Bldg. Ledesma St., Barangay Kahirupan Beside Manuel Quezon Elementary School, Iloilo City, Iloilo
FIRST BASTION TECH SOLUTIONS
First Bastion Tech Solutions is an Iloilo Based Systems Integrator that caters to the following systems: PABX and Telephony Systems, Paging and Audio Systems, CCTV and Security Solutions, Digital Signage TV, Hotel TV, IT Systems and Structured Cabling as well as Hospital and Medical Equipment supply.
Is currently looking for:
Under the direction of the Technical Manager, the Structured Cabling Technician is responsible for coordinating and performing on-site installations of voice, data, fiber optics, CCTV, security, paging systems & T1 extensions. This will require the ability to occasionally work different shifts, and limited travel.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet with customers and sales group to obtain new work orders and project specifications.
- Identify and prepares pathways and supports for new cabling system installations.
- Pull copper, coaxial and fiber optic cable in backbone, horizontal and riser environments.
- Terminate voice and data jacks. Mechanically terminate fiber optics and certify fiber using Fluke testers.
- Terminate data cables on patch panels along with proper dressing techniques.Punch down, or cross-connect voice cable on 66 or 110 blocks with proper dressing techniques.Build racks and mount rack equipment such as ladder racks and cable trays.
- Terminate and test high count copper feeders.Accurately use various fire stopping methods and materials.
- Troubleshoot various network types including voice, data, video and fiber.Analyze project test results for accuracy and completion.Initiate approval process with salesperson and customer on any change orders or out of scope work.
- Prepare project summary documentation including time sheets, daily logs, materials reconciliations, project summaries and any other pertinent information.Meet with design group to prepare final “red-lines” when appropriate.
- Abide by and enforce building code standards and safety standards.Properly performs grounding and bonding functions.
- Install request to exit, magnetic locks, door contacts, CCTV, paging systems, etc.Communicate with Technicians, Project Managers, Field Managers, other coworkers and customers about project status.
- Accurately complete timesheets, expense reports, mileage reports, and other job related paperwork in a timely manner.
- Comply with building and safety standards.
- Actively participate in the maintenance of tools, equipment and vehicles owned by the company including routine maintenance and oil changes.
- Other duties as may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of this position