2 to 4 Years Experience
Passi City, Iloilo
CAMELEON ASSOCIATION INC.
Is currently looking for:
FINANCE OFFICER in Iloilo Office
- Responsible for effectively overseeing all financial management functions and for the timely submission of well-prepared financial reports to the Board of Trustees and Cameleon France
- Works closely with the Executive Director, the supervisors and technical coordinators in ensuring the effective use of the agency’s resources within the approved budget or reasonable level
- Facilitates the enforcement of finance policies and procedures
- Leads the establishment of accounting system towards effective monitoring and reporting.
- Ensures the correctness of accounting entries, codes and charging used in recording transactions
- Reviews all requests (payments, liquidation, cash advances, etc.,) received from all programs for processing
- Checks the payroll and remittances prepared by the Admin-HR Officer
Report Preparation and Analysis
- Responsible for the timely preparation and submission of accurate financial reports to the Board of Trustees, Cameleon France and donors.
- Ensures that accurate Budget vs. Actual (BvA) reports are prepared monthly for all programs to guide the Executive Director, supervisors, technical coordinators and program staff.
Internal and External Audits
- Ensures that financial transactions are completed in accordance with Cameleon’s policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the implementation of adequate internal control mechanism(s) to ensure judicious use of funds and materials.
- Conducts on the spot audit of petty cash funds and assists in audit requirements.
- Bring potential non-compliance issue (s) to the attention of the Executive Director and the Board of Trustees.
Cash Flow Analysis and Projection
- Leads in the preparation of annual budgets and revise as required in coordination with the Executive Director, supervisors, technical coordinators, BOT and Cameleon France.
- Consolidates and requests monthly cash requirement.
- Ensures the availability of adequate funds for program operations.
E. Program Support
- Works closely with the Executive Director, supervisors and technical coordinators to ensure the judicious use of resources within the approved budget or reasonable level and in accordance with Cameleon’s policies and procedures.
- Provides feedback/guidance to the Executive Director, supervisors and technical coordinators as to the utilization of funds.
- Assists the Executive Director, supervisors and technical coordinators in the preparation of project proposals or feasibility study(ies).
- Oversees all local fund raising intiatives.
Reports to: the Executive Director
Supervises: the Accounting Clerk, Purchasing Clerk, Cashier
Coordinates with: the Admin-HR team, the Residential Care team, After Care team, Community Development team, Technical Coordinators e.g. Health, Sports, LRC, Partnership & Communication & Advocacy and External Auditor
Person Specification and Competencies:
- Must be a graduate of Bachelor of Science in BS Accountancy, Business Management and/or any related field with two (2) years experience in financial management. Experience in development work and familiarity of myob software is an advantage. Must be a CPA.
- Upholds honesty, integrity and sense of confidentiality
- Must have a high sense of urgency and ability to work independently and under pressure
- Computer literate (knowledge on the use of spreadsheet and word processing)
- Ability to utilize resources effectively
- Positive work attitude
- Time management and an eye for details
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team
- Must be compassionate with children
- Willingness to work beyond the normal work hours and work days